top of page


Q. Do I need a fishing license?

A. Yes. Anyone over 17 years old needs to have a Michigan fishing license. You can go purchase one by going to the MI DNR link on the bottom of the page.

Q. What kind of fish can I expect to catch?

A. You can expect to catch Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Steelhead, Coho, and King (Chinook) Salmon.

If you are fishing for perch you can expect to catch perch also.

Q. Who will clean my catch?

A. Capt. Don will clean your catch and bag them. You might want to have a cooler in your vehicle to put them in if you have a long drive home.

Q. Is there a possibility of getting sea sick?

A. Yes. If you are prone to sea sickness it is recommended that you take a sea sickness prevention pill approximately 30-60 minutes prior to departure. It is also advised that you not eat a heavy or greasy meal prior to the trip. Eat light, take some snacks with you.

Q. What should I take with me?

A. - Wear soft soled shoes for walking on the deck of the boat (can be slippery)

  • Drinks and snacks
  • Warm clothes as the weather is often quite a bit cooler out on the lake
  • Rain clothes if rain is predicted
  • Camera
  • Empty cooler for your fish (leave in your vehicle until after trip)

If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email Captain Don.


Phone: (616) 889-6603


bottom of page